Just a general comment on your page: What a lovely existence! Lovely house, lovely wife, lovely son (this is one beautiful boy if it's ok to use that word. He's just got eyes full of feeling and that hair!), lovely weather, and... well... you ain't exactly 'lovely,' but I think you fit in without too much strain of the imagination! ;^)
As Randy Newman sang in a Bug's Life, it's the time of your life, so live it well. These are those days you'll long to return and visit. Make each one a magical exprience for everyone in your family. You're taking pictures and writing about it (keep backups), so that is also good. Sorry to be filled with clichéd free advice, but I've been there and now I return often through pictures, video, and my writing, and nothing thrills me more than reliving those days... except living the days that we create now. Daughter's gone off 2000 miles to college. Son's nearly done with college, and it's still good, but I sure envy you at this stage again. Thanks for sharing it with us! My best to your whole family. I hope they realize how lucky THEY are!
The Pickenblog covers the general, nonadventurous exploits of the Pickenpaugh 3, Chris, Kirsten and Riley. It is intended for their friends and family, especially those far away.
2 comments:
Just a general comment on your page: What a lovely existence! Lovely house, lovely wife, lovely son (this is one beautiful boy if it's ok to use that word. He's just got eyes full of feeling and that hair!), lovely weather, and... well... you ain't exactly 'lovely,' but I think you fit in without too much strain of the imagination! ;^)
As Randy Newman sang in a Bug's Life, it's the time of your life, so live it well. These are those days you'll long to return and visit. Make each one a magical exprience for everyone in your family. You're taking pictures and writing about it (keep backups), so that is also good. Sorry to be filled with clichéd free advice, but I've been there and now I return often through pictures, video, and my writing, and nothing thrills me more than reliving those days... except living the days that we create now. Daughter's gone off 2000 miles to college. Son's nearly done with college, and it's still good, but I sure envy you at this stage again. Thanks for sharing it with us! My best to your whole family. I hope they realize how lucky THEY are!
Shooshie
Wow. What a kind post. Thanks Shooshie.
Post a Comment