February 16, 2007

Positive Reinforcement

Chris and I took Riley out to dinner last night to celebrate his accomplishments in school and toilet training this week. Some other diners in an adjoining booth paid us a nice compliment. They stopped at our table on their way out to say that they had been observing Riley from their booth, and they wanted us to know what a "charming and well-behaved child" he is. (He spent most of the evening quietly eating chips and serenading us with "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.")

Most of the credit must go to Riley himself, because he is naturally a good boy. Still, it's always welcome to hear that someone thinks you are doing a good job as parents.

2 comments:

Kay Ely said...

Can you tell, I'm catching up on your blog?? I have to comment on this one too. YES! It is great to get positive feedback as a parent!! AND, the two of you deserve a lot of positive feedback. Riley is definitely a good natured person, but he has had a lot of good modeling to follow!!

the pickenblogger said...

Yeah, that's what we plan to tell the judge.