May 01, 2007

Dinner Party Central

The P3 home hosted two dinner parties last week: One, a guys' night out organized by Chris with his friends; the other, a monthly TotNOT night for Kirsten and her friends.

On Thursday, while Riley had dinner at Denny's in Arcadia with Kirsten, Chris and his friends Steve and soon-to-be-father-of-twins David enjoyed:

Green salad with cranberries and pecans; rosemary potatoes with peppers and onions; spaghetti and meatballs; Texas toast; and apple pie a la mode.

Editor's Note: The unofficial title for this evening was "Assault on Insulin Levels."

Then on Sunday, while Riley walked to Myrtle Street with Chris to see Meet the Robinsons, Kirsten and her friends Angie, Donna, Heather, Melissa, and Renee feasted upon:

Caprese salad (cantaloupe, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, greek olives); grilled shrimp skewers; French bread; green salad; vodka penne; olive & goat cheese penne; Italian pot roast; brownie banana split; homemade vanilla ice cream and mocha chip cookie sandwiches; sangria; and red wine.

Both nights were "pot luck." Although each party had good eatin', I think one pot was distinctly luckier. Dinners with my moms' group have become akin to Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Kay Ely said...

I think the mom's may have actually had a greater assault on insulin levels. But, it was all sooo good!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you do not forget your culinary skills next week when I am visiting! Am looking forward to seeing the P3.

the pickenblogger said...

re: culinary skills -

We're planning on doing some cooking, yeah. At the least, we're planning on a weekend brunch at home.

Kirsten said...

You should feel honored, Linda. Last year, Mother's Day went unrecognized. This year, your son will be making breakfast for both of us.

Anonymous said...

I am truly honored! What a treat..once a caterer, always expected to cook! I promise to pitch in when needed, I still enjoy it and don't mind clean-up duty.