The car pictured above is just two years younger than our house.
Where did the Groovy Ghoulies go?
Riley really hoped somebody would unload the go cart from the old pickup truck. Had that thing been on the ground, I would have been struggling to keep him from climbing inside.
Does anyone else think the paint job on this truck is just plain silly?
Before and after "Pimp My Ride."
I don't know what this tractor was doing in a classic car show, but it's still pretty neat.
Before heading home, Riley and I had lunch at Jake's Roadhouse Grill, which is a peanut-shell-on-the-floor type place.
As you can see, Riley was pretty tuckered out, but I did manage to eke one smile out of him.
October 02, 2007
Classic Car Show
After our hike on Saturday, Riley and I went to Monrovia's annual classic car show. Historic Route 66 runs straight through Monrovia, so Old Town is the perfect place to host a car show. Myrtle Avenue was closed, of course, and there were cars all over Library Park. 50's and 60's music was playing over the loudspeakers. The sun was shining. It was like an American Graffiti set.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When they talk about mid century cars and music, that's when your father and I started dating. He had a two color Chevy in 1958. My dad had several of the cars in your pictures. Did your little guy take a long nap after the hike and car show?
Surprisingly, he did not. He rarely naps at home anymore--only at school.
That's a lot of cars. Looks like an outing made just for Riley. You guys live in a great place!!
Post a Comment