April 29, 2008

Luck

I feel like a cat who's halfway through her nine lives.

On Friday night, as we walked down to the weekly street festival, a police helicopter was flying overhead and casting its spotlight about. Ever since we had all those gang shootings over here at the top of the year, hovering police helicopters in the area make me nervous.

On Saturday, we went for a hike in the mountains only to find, as all of you know by now, that a big brush fire had started nearby.

On Sunday, Riley and I went grocery shopping. As I was paying for our food, I overheard that somebody had just tried to rob the store and had passed out in the security office. As we walked out the door, fire and emergency personnel converged upon the store.

Today, as I walked through Union Station on my way to work, I had to make my way through an unusually large crowd of people. I noticed, then, that a bunch of people were holding someone down, several police officers were standing around, and someone was yelling "Drop the gun!"

Have I entered the Bermuda Triangle of near misses?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just make sure they remain "near misses"! Cleaver, Precious and Misha

Kirsten said...

I took me a sec, but I got it.

Kay Ely said...

Yeah, as long as they are near misses. :) That's pretty freaky!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Let them stay near misses. It does make for intersting posts though.