
I'm playing catch up with photos now that we are fully operational again. This is a photo from the birthday party I mentioned in the Memorial Day Weekend Recap post a couple of weeks ago.
And while I'm playing catch up, I may as well detail our latest weekend escapades as well:
Last Saturday, Riley and I took care of my friend Melissa's girls so that she and her hubby could go to a baseball game. Shortly after we arrived, Melissa asked Riley, "What's new?" He replied, "Pretzel Crackers." (He was referring to these.) In another humorous example of the keen observational powers of children, Melissa's daughter Olivia later entertained me by spouting colorful insults at imaginary drivers while honking the horn of a ride-on car and steering it around the driveway. Olivia and her sister Sofia ended up napping much of the afternoon away, but Riley took his babysitting responsibilities seriously and refused to sleep on the job. We spent our evening as a family, cooking dinner out in the yard and going to see Kung Fu Panda.
The next day, after doing boring household stuff, we spent a wonderful evening at the beach with our friends, the Smock family. Riley, Kaitlyn, and Sean got along amazingly well and played together for hours, while Chris and I enjoyed grownup conversation and good food with Renee and Kyle. To stave off the evening chill, Kyle stoked a warm fire and we all gathered around the firepit to toast a few marshmallows as the sun went down. Nights like that symbolize everything that is good about our life here in Southern California.
6 comments:
What a great picture of you and Riley! And I'm still laughing at Olivia's driving escapades. Hmmm....does she get that from her Mommy? ;-)
How was Kung Fu Panda?
I believe it is from one of us:~ ) Well put Kirsten..... Glad you are back in action here.
Chris liked Kung Fu Panda. Me and Riley, not so much.
It promised a kung fu panda. It delivered.
That is a great picture!! And, what a nice and accurate description of our evening at the beach. I won't even attempt to do better on our blog -- :)
BTW, Renee, when we were at the beach, Kaitlyn gave Riley an invitation to spend the night (originally addressed to Geneva). When should we drop him off? JK.
Post a Comment