My birthday was Tuesday.
When Chris asked a few days earlier what I wanted to do to celebrate my birthday, I told him "Nothing," because I considered my vacation the week prior to be enough of an indulgence. He insisted I give him some gift suggestion, so I asked for a rolling pin. That may sound like a strange wish, but I'd been using the remnants of an old wooden one for the last couple of years whenever I had to roll out pizza or cookie dough and I really did want a new one.
On my birthday, my friends sent me e-mail greetings and electronic cards and my co-workers took me to lunch. And...in addition to the wished-for rolling pin...Chris and Riley surprised me with a homemade card and an iPod nano! As I later told Chris, I didn't even know I wanted an iPod, but it's a great gift--especially for someone who rarely gets a chance to listen to something other than children's music or watch something other than child-oriented DVDs.
I broke it in on the train the next day by watching a couple of episodes of Weeds, and then downloaded some songs onto it that night. Now I feel like my life has its own soundtrack as I walk around the city.
I tell you...this could get addictive.
I broke it in on the train the next day by watching a couple of episodes of Weeds, and then downloaded some songs onto it that night. Now I feel like my life has its own soundtrack as I walk around the city.
I tell you...this could get addictive.
2 comments:
That's awesome Kirsten! I am glad that you had a wonderful day... you deserve it. We can't wait to see you and hear all about your vacation.
what a great gift! I'm sure it comes in handy on the train. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment