Our weekend has been very low key with lots of family time. On Friday evening, I met up with Chris and Riley at Chris's office in the midst of the weekly street festival. My objective was to retrieve Riley from the office where Chris had been working since picking Riley up from school and take the little one home for dinner. As luck would have it, Chris finished his work just before I arrived. Instead of heading home, we set off in search of a family meal. We ended up at the Peach Cafe, a family-owned place slightly off the beaten path with a reputation for great breakfasts. The cafe has odd hours, so we had not been able to try it before. To be honest, we were not overly impressed by our meals, but the atmosphere was welcoming and the service was good, so I would probably give it another chance.
After dinner, Riley enjoyed several romps through an inflatable obstacle course. Then, we stopped into the local toy store to pick up a gift for Olivia. We have now purchased enough gifts in that store that I no longer feel guilty on those occasions when we visit solely to allow Riley to play with their train table.
We closed the evening by screening a few episodes of Meerkat Manor. I'd heard that the show had passionate followers, and Riley seems quite interested in it himself, but I'm not hooked. Maybe the individual personalities of the different animals will emerge and become more compelling over time?
On Saturday, Riley and I spent a couple of hours with our friends at Olivia's birthday party. The weather was gorgeous, the kids got along well, we had colorful entertainment (the afore-mentioned hula dancer), and the food and drink was plentiful and tasty, including a delicious homemade birthday cake. I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon unless it includes being served margaritas beachside.
Speaking of beachside, Riley and I spent Sunday afternoon in our little pool. In the evening, we walked down to the neighborhood park for a picnic accompanied by what had been advertised as "60's surf music." The music turned out to be very bad covers of popular songs from the 60's, 70's and 80's. We managed to enjoy ourselves anyway and Riley took a few photos to help us remember the evening.
4 comments:
HA ha! I'm laughing at those pictures of you and Chris eating. Riley sure knows how to capture a moment. :-)
Yeah, love those pics! Guess that's how he sees you guys.
After Flower's passing we have not watched Meerkat Manor, but we did LOVE watching it. I think that I need to put it back on my to record list. :) Love the eating pictures, priceless.
Cynthia
FLOWER DIED ???!!!!
Post a Comment