We've been tightening our metaphorical belts in the P3 household, preparing for things to get worse economically before they get better. In light of that fact, I've been looking for inexpensive, if not free, weekend excursions for Riley. Fortunately, he would be happy riding the Metro all day long, if I'd let him.
With that in mind, I took Riley to Universal City a couple of weeks ago on the lightrail/subway. We walked around, looked in all of the shops, and shared some Belgian fries before heading home. The free open-air trolley that shuttles folks up and down the big hill leading to Universal City was the highlight of Riley's day.

The following weekend, he begged to go on the train again, so I took him to Hollywood. We walked around the Hollywood and Highland shopping center and then shared a couple of cookies from the Nestle Tollhouse store. I'll say this for Riley, he may have a one-track mind, but he's a cheap date (and a cute one, too).
Last weekend, despite Riley's pleas to go on the train yet again, I took him to Vroman's bookstore in Pasadena for a free Debi Derryberry concert instead. You may recall that he went to one of her concerts last spring and fell in love. This time, Debi summoned him by name to come up on stage and help her perform the Freckle Song. Needless to say, he was thrilled. Unfortunately, I didn't bring the camera, but he did a great job pointing out freckles all over his body. He also got to play with Vroman's train table before the concert, so he got his train fix as well.
This coming weekend, we're headed to a Star Wars party for his friend Ben's 5th birthday. Thanks to his father's tutelage and musical accompaniment, Riley can sing the whole Star Wars theme song, so we're already getting in the spirit of the occasion. He serenaded me with the song on the way to preschool this morning and had me looking out for droids and starfighters.
The following weekend, he begged to go on the train again, so I took him to Hollywood. We walked around the Hollywood and Highland shopping center and then shared a couple of cookies from the Nestle Tollhouse store. I'll say this for Riley, he may have a one-track mind, but he's a cheap date (and a cute one, too).
Last weekend, despite Riley's pleas to go on the train yet again, I took him to Vroman's bookstore in Pasadena for a free Debi Derryberry concert instead. You may recall that he went to one of her concerts last spring and fell in love. This time, Debi summoned him by name to come up on stage and help her perform the Freckle Song. Needless to say, he was thrilled. Unfortunately, I didn't bring the camera, but he did a great job pointing out freckles all over his body. He also got to play with Vroman's train table before the concert, so he got his train fix as well.
This coming weekend, we're headed to a Star Wars party for his friend Ben's 5th birthday. Thanks to his father's tutelage and musical accompaniment, Riley can sing the whole Star Wars theme song, so we're already getting in the spirit of the occasion. He serenaded me with the song on the way to preschool this morning and had me looking out for droids and starfighters.
2 comments:
Wonderful posting, one track mind is an interesting phrase when stated about Riley! Susan
Ah! I wondered who would be the first to comment on that choice of words.
Post a Comment