Okay, so the nonadventurous exploits of the P3 family tend to be G-rated, but this Pickenpaugh (neé Mueller) does enjoy some age-restricted pasttimes. No, this isn't going to be THAT kind of post, although I did reside in the San Fernando Valley for six years (commonly known to be the home of the porn industry). Living in California, I feel it is my duty to sample the wares of local vineyards. It is also my great pleasure to have a friend in the wine biz who occasionally provides a personal introduction to decent wines. Since my parents also enjoy a good grape (though usually one from Michigan), I will share worthwhile finds. Tonight, my lucky find is a chardonnay from Mount Eden Vineyards in Saratoga, California--specifically, West Slope Chardonnay from Edna Ranch.
Click this link to learn more: Mount Eden Vineyards
September 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kirsten,
See Paul Lukacs, "Great Wines of America", pages 254, 255, 256, 259-262. Per Paul, this is one of the top forty vintners. We are partial to Leelanau's L. Mawby, but they do sparkling only, no chardonnay.
Dad
More from Lukacs about the chardonnay - "a complex bouquet, vivid fruit, clearly defined secondary flavors, superior length and depth, and demonstrated ageability.
Dad
You want some cheese with that whine?
Sorry, it's all I could come up with on such short notice.
Does anyone ever choose just the whine?
Post a Comment