July 03, 2007

I'm Melting....!

July came in with a heatwave. It's been scorchingly hot in the San Gabriel Valley for the past few days. Fortunately, the window AC units in our house are keeping the heat at bay inside, and I've been taking advantage of any cool entertainment that comes our way.

Riley and I attended his friend Eva's pool/garden party to celebrate her 3rd birthday last Saturday. We frolicked in the water for about an hour and then enjoyed cake (Riley asked for seconds!) before heading home for the evening.

Chris had to work on Sunday, so Riley and I ducked into a movie theatre for a couple of hours. We saw Ratatouille--the newest Pixar animated feature. Very entertaining and destined for Riley's DVD collection, I'm sure.

Tomorrow, we've been invited to BBQ and swim at another friend's house to celebrate the 4th. We expect more of the same heat weatherwise, so the P3 were thrilled to accept that invitation! We may venture out in the evening to view the fireworks in Old Town Monrovia too.

No comments: