Besides the swimming beach, there is also an enclosed water park for little kids, a nature center, and miles of paved bike trails, including an elevated trail encircling the whole dam area. Riley and I didn't venture up there, but I imagine the views of the mountains are even better at that slighter higher vantage point.
January 02, 2008
Santa Fe Dam
On New Year's Eve, some of our friends went to the beach to watch the last sunset of the year over the ocean. Sadly, we couldn't join them, but Riley and I started 2008 with our own little trip to the beach -- landlocked though, as it were. We went to the Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area, just 6 miles away in Irwindale. You wouldn't know it to look at these pictures, but this park sits amidst gravel quarries and other industry.
Besides the swimming beach, there is also an enclosed water park for little kids, a nature center, and miles of paved bike trails, including an elevated trail encircling the whole dam area. Riley and I didn't venture up there, but I imagine the views of the mountains are even better at that slighter higher vantage point.

I've never seen this in any of the other parks around here. This was a trampoline in the middle of a spiderweb type contraption.

Riley wants to come back with me and Chris and rent one of these surreys.
Besides the swimming beach, there is also an enclosed water park for little kids, a nature center, and miles of paved bike trails, including an elevated trail encircling the whole dam area. Riley and I didn't venture up there, but I imagine the views of the mountains are even better at that slighter higher vantage point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This place looks great! Weekend outing sometime soon???
They have lots of grills and picnic tables. Maybe we could have a cookout.
Post a Comment