I think the majority of our holiday celebrations are taking place this week.
Riley and I began the holiday circuit last Saturday by buying a tree. We got it home and then immediately went to Jingle Bells storytime at the Monrovia library's temporary digs in the YMCA. Riley heard jokes, songs, and stories, including one read by Santa himself! He also got a holiday craft project and cookies to take home with him. I love these story sessions; they seem so well planned. BTW, what's green, has a red nose, and flies? Rudolph the Red-Nosed Pickle. As Riley would say, "Get it?"
On Sunday, we went to Riley's friend Xander's birthday party at My Gym. Riley's favorite part was riding the trolley at the end. Or maybe it was the red and green M&Ms. His friends Kaitlyn and Isabella enjoyed those too, turning them into a novel pizza topping.
On Monday, my division in the office had a holiday luncheon and gift exchange. Some of my co-workers chipped in to give me a gift in recognition of my supervisory role over some of the work our division does. That was a nice surprise. We always do it for our division head, but this was the first year I received similar treatment.
On Thursday, the whole office is having a holiday outing. We're going bowling. I'm not sure how that will go. We have some ultra competitive employees. More on that later, maybe.
On either Thursday or Friday night, we are going to our friend Youa's graduation show at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. Youa's wife Sheryl was our babysitter when we moved to Pasadena. We grew quite fond of her and never found anyone we liked enough to replace her with when she got too busy to sit for us anymore. They were kind enough to come to our house warming party last year, so it's nice to be able to share this special event with them.
On Saturday morning, Riley is going to a kids' Christmas party hosted by one of his schoolmate's parents. I believe Santa will be making an appearance. On Saturday night, my friends are coming over for a holiday turkey dinner. Yum! Riley will hang out with the girls, while Chris travels across town to attend his friend Steve's annual holiday party and white elephant gift exchange.
Then on Sunday, Riley and I are going to a performance of Yo Ho Ho...A Pirate Christmas! at a theatre in North Hollywood. Everything should slow down after that, and maybe I'll find a picture or two to post on the blog.
December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment