Saturday was holiday party day for the P3.

Riley began and ended his day with festivities. In the morning, he went to a kids' Christmas party at his friend Christopher's house. Christopher lives in a gated mountainside neighborhood in northern Pasadena. The adults enjoyed a beautiful sunny morning and gorgeous views from Christopher's backyard. I imagine, on a clear day, one could see all the way to Catalina. The children enjoyed a bounce house, pizza, and a visit from Santa (aka Christopher's dad).

A couple of hours later, Riley and I headed home to finish preparations for a holiday Tot Not dinner being held at our house that night.
Six of my friends and I enjoyed a scrumptious candlelit turkey dinner with all the trimmings (salad, rolls, gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and potatoes), as well as plenty of wine and a choice of chocolate cake or chocolate pecan pie. Riley spent most of the evening watching movies in our bedroom. He came out to say hello at one point, spotted my friend Renee, and said "Who's that? I love her." (All of the kids love Renee!) By the end of the evening, Riley decided it was more fun to join us at the table than to watch any more TV. Coincidentally, that was also about the same time we ate dessert. He happily climbed up onto a chair at the opposite end of the table from me and chatted with Renee and Heather, while occasionally hopping down to visit my plate for a forkful of chocolate cake.

The party wrapped up around 11:30 pm, and I sent everyone home with homemade goodies. (By baking, I find myself less inclined to overindulge on the sweet stuff.)

While Riley partied the night away with the ladies, Chris attended a party thrown by one of his
Beyond Our Control friends in Sherman Oaks. His friend Steve and Steve's wife Madeline host an annual Christmas party and mandatory white elephant gift exchange. Chris ended up with the kitschy item below which he gave to Riley.
No comments:
Post a Comment